SS Freestyle Club Skiers and Guests Invited!
ALL REGISTRATION IS ONLINE FOR THIS EVENT - SSFSC MEMBERS DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 15TH 4:00PM. NON-MEMBERS PLEASE REGISTER BY MARCH 12TH (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)
SS FREESTYLE ATHLETE MEET TIMES
ALL SATURDAY & SUNDAY Fundamentalz/Jumps and Bumps (parents please supervise at lunch hour):
- Choose a time or come all day: Saturday 10am - 12:00pm or 1pm - 3:00pm (meet at usual spot behind Tree House)
- OR Saturday meet at Moguls Course: 10am - 12:00pm or 1pm-3:00pm (Turnaround Moguls Course - Alpine Meadows Chair)
- Sunday 8:30-8:45 meet Coaches in Village at usual spot (please be checked-in)
GTeam, Freestylerz, Comp Team at usual spot
- Saturday Meet coaches 8:45am
EVENT CHECK-IN & FEES:
Check in (Drop off bios, pick up bibs, waivers, swag bags, etc.)
- Saturday March 17th 7:45 to 9:30 a.m. (Brown Bag Lunch Room)
- Sunday March 18th 7:30 to 8:45 a.m. (National Altitude Training Centre- NATC Building)
Non-club members - Guest Fees:
- $25 per athlete - CASH ONLY
- No fee (already incl. program fees)
PARTICIPATING GUESTS AND COACHES (out of town or local):
Guests are welcome! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your team or athlete. List your athletes and coaches names.
Deadline: All guest athletes must be pre-registered by Monday March 12th.
Lift Tickets: 50% off to guest athletes and coaches. 1 free coach pass per 10 participants.
The course needs help in the weeks leading up to the event. We are asking Competitive Team, J&B's, GTeam and Freestylerz to sign up to help March 16/17 &/or 18th.
We need course workers, people with computer skills (scoring & registration), starters, carpenter skills and judges. It is a lot of fun and of course you get to watch some amazing skiing by our young freestyle skiers.
Location: Turn Around Run (below Chute/Southern Cross/Bibs Bumps)
Chair: Alpine Meadows
Ages: 7 to 15
HDME Features: Three mogul lines; Three jumps per line;
HDME Format: Two runs: Three freestyle judges; Two Judge's Panels; Score out of 30 for turns and air; not timed
HDME Moguls Event - Categories, *Schedule, and Judge Panel
U8 - Girls and Boys
U10 - Girls and Boys
U12 - Girls and Boys
U14 - Girls and Boys
*Please note times may vary due to number of registrants, weather or other organizational variables. Start lists and run orders will be available Saturday afternoon.
GENERAL SCHEDULE - for March 16-18th - HDME
Friday March 16th - Volunteers
10am-2pm -Volunteers requested to help with course work.
Saturday March 17th ~ Training and Volunteers
7:45 - 9:30am - athlete check-in (bib pick up, waivers, signed, bio drop off)
9am - 12pm - Volunteers requested to help with course work and supervising while lapping moguls course.
10am- 12pm open to all participants.
1 pm - 3pm - Volunteers requested to help with course work and supervising while lapping moguls course.
1 pm - 3 pm open to all participants
Sunday March 18th ~ Competition Day
| 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM
|| All athletes and coaches check in
|| Brown Bag Lunch Room
| 8:30-8:45 AM
|| J&B Silver Star athletes meet coaches
|| Usual meeting spot behind Tree House
| 8:30-8:45 AM
|| Silver Star athletes meet coaches
|| Usual meeting spot:
Fundamentalz (J&B's) - Behind Treehouse
Freestylerz (FZ) - Outside Lunch room
GTeam - Outside Den
| 9 AM - 10:15 AM
|| Training in groups
|| Turn Around Short Group Course
| 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
|| All Girls - Two Runs
|| Top of Turn Around Run - HDME Course
| 12:00 PM - 2pm
|| All Boys - Two Runs
|| Top of Turn Around Run - HDME Course
| 11:15 AM - 1:30 PM
|| 11:15 AM - 1:15 PM BBQ and Refreshments
|| Bottom of Turn Around Run - LOWER HDME Course
| 3:00 PM
|| Snowdium ~ Silver Star Village
Food - The BUY LOW FOODS sponsored BBQ at the bottom of the course (Hot Dogs donated by Helmut's Sausage Kitchen). All athletes will receive a FREE lunch – hot dog, drink and chips. Everyone else (parents, siblings, friends) are welcome to purchase a hot dog, drink and chips for $5.00 – all money fund raised will go directly back into SS Freestyle Club Programs.
Awards and Throw Outs – Meet in the village where we will have our awards ceremony from 3:00pm-3:30pm. We will be presenting our 1st. 2nd & 3rd place winners (one set for girls and one set for boys) for each age category with awards. There will be fun throw outs into the crowd. You do not want to miss this part because we need you all there cheering on the athletes.
HDME and Showcase Bibs - All children are expected to return their bib at the bottom of the course after their second run at which time they will be handed a special fun bag to keep them all pumped for such a great day.
Volunteers - As mentioned, this event is 100% based on parent volunteers. It's fun and you get to be part of the action. Don’t worry if you have no idea what you’re signing up for ….. we train on site!
- Choppers - are people with shovels that chop up the landings below the upper and lower sets of jumps on the course.
- Jump Tenders are people that stand on the jump and let the next athlete know (with hand signals) that is safe to start or if they need to stop because a skier has fallen and the jump is closed.
- Starter and Starter Assists are people who stay at the top of the course and organize the kids into their age categories and start order. The starter announces over the radio the name of the athlete that is up next and then lets the judges know they are on course when they start. (I love this job because you get to meet and hang out with all the kids)
- Chiefs, Set Up, Tear Down, - all very important jobs – everyone should feel free to jump in and lend a hand if they can.
- Judges - To run this event smoothly we need folks with skiing experience to help judge.
Thank you in advance for your help – we are looking forward to a FUN day!