Volunteers are a very important part of the Silverstar Freestyle Club.
Parent volunteering keeps our program pricing low. Parents are expected to volunteer the following time to the club:
Off-Snow Volunteer Jobs
- There are many jobs to do that do not require being on the snow. These jobs are mostly based around coordinating the various events that we travel to, or host at SilverStar.
On-Snow Volunteer Jobs (Course preparation)
- Pick up judges / scorers from the Kelowna Airport
- Book accommodations for officials
- Make Volunteer / officials / chiefs comp lunches
- Banquet planning, i.e. booking room, setting menu, ticket costs, guest speakers, silent auction
- set up and run comp office, registration of athletes, checking CFSA insurance, collecting banquet ticket money
- pine boughs, need 10-12 bags for the season
- Coordinate trip to Apex Mtn for possible early season on snow training at their mogul site, including organizing drivers, sending out emails to the team and organize ride costs, etc...
- Book team accommodations at Apex and Whistler for BC Series #1 Event and BC Champs
- Comp team athlete Coordinator - make sure all athletes have rides and accommodations for each competition when parents cannot travel with athlete.
- Trampoline set-up at the Dogwood Gym, 5 to 6 parents on training nights, please refer to the training schedules
- Comp Team and Freestylerz on snow volunteer duties are required every weekend from the start of the season. Parents are asked to stop by before training starts to see what is needed on the day and stop by at 2:45 for clean up. We need approx 1/2 hour per day per volunteer, each ski day of the season.
- chop air site landing [30 minutes]
- step out the landings [30 minutes]
- moguls site, chop top and bottom air landings [30 minutes]
We meet at 9am in front of the Brown Bag room for volunteer work.