Development Freestyle and Freeride Ski Team
2023/24 Freestyle Membership Renewal – All Freestyle participant’s must have a membership to participate. Membership is $115 and covers liability insurance ($50 Freestyle BC/$65 Freestyle Canada). Skip this step if you already have your 2024 membership.
An invitation from the Head coach or Program Director is required prior to signing up for this team. An Assessment period may be required for coaches to get to know the athletes better and for athletes to see if it’s a program they will have success in.
How to get an invite? Athletes from previous years will be invited back in most cases. If you did not receive an invite and are interested in this program, please contact [email protected]. In the email subject box ask specify “Development Team Invitation”. Choose from the program options below and list them in your email. Our coach team will invite you out to some pre-season training for an assessment. If you already received an invitation you can skip this step. For detailed information on the performance factors required for athletes on this team click here.
- Saturday is Freestyle Focused – moguls, jumps, rails
- Sunday is Freeride flavor – Big Mtn skiing, and more jumping
- Optional Thursdays will be a mix of all of the above.
The “DTeam” introduces young Freestyle and Big Mountain / Freeride skiers born in years 2010 to 2005 (ages 13+) to a competitive team environment.
Athletes in this competitive program commit one or two days per weekend to their training and are motivated to compete in regional, or provincial level events in freestyle skiing and/or IFSA junior free ski events. This program is intended for athletes who are interested in increasing their skills, progressing, and competing. And have sights on earning a spot on the Comp Team or Big Mtn team one day. Athletes in this program will need to meet the benchmarks set out for the team.
Athlete who want to join the Development Team are strongly encouraged to participate in the Fall pre-season training.
This program starts December 2 and goes until March 17.
- SS Freestyle Ski calendar: Click here
To learn more about all SS Freestyle ski programs, please reference the following resources below:
- Trampoline skills: Click here
- Winter program pathway: Click here
- Big Mtn programming description: Click Here
- Volunteer Information: Click Here
- Club Sponsorship: Click here
- Treeline Park: Click Here
- Refund Policy: Click Here
- Freestyle BC Policy: Click here
- Safe Sport resources: Click here
Program Options and Fees
- Saturday and Sunday (Two day) – $1900
- Freestyle Saturday (One days) – $1350
- Freeride Sunday (One day) – $1350
- Thursday add-on option – $750
- Minus $150 volunteer rebate refunded once hours are submitted. Click here for more detail.
- Membership $115 liability insurance ($50 Freestyle BC/$65 Freestyle Canada) Click on button below to sign-up for the 2023/24 membership . If you already have one skip this step.
Installments – One-day program fees OR two-day program DEPOSIT is due at time of registration. If you wish to split up the “two-day” payment the second payment is due Dec 1. Thursday add-on is due at time of registration.
Deadline to register is November 1.