Apply By Email: [email protected]
Term Of Employment: December 1, 2023 to April 15 2024
SS Freestyle is actively seeking Freestyle Coaches for the upcoming 2024 season.We are looking for coaches for each team level listed below. Silver Freestyle Club performance programs consist of the following:
- Fundamentals (Ages 7 – 12)
- G Team (Girl Freestyle Ages 8+)
- G Team Head Coach
- Freestylerz (Ages 8+)
- Jr. Development Team (Ages 11-12)
- Development Team (Ages 13- 18)
- Freestyle Comp Team – U14, U16/U18 (Two Groups)
- Big Mountain Team Head Coach – (Ages 13-17)
- Snowboard Comp Team (Ages 12 -17)
Coaches will have the following attributes:
Preparedness – ability to build and implement comprehensive lesson plans for each session
Coaching leadership– collaborate with coaches and all SSF members
Experience – intuitive decision making and communication skills
Preservation– foster an existing inclusive and passionate competitive culture for skiing
Connection– this person will work closely and respectfully with his or her group of athletes and parents, building a team environment
Drive – this person will work with a team of coaches and volunteers to maintain a fast pace and fun operations of SS Freestyle programs.
Above all this person has to have passion for the sport of freeskiing and support all the disciplines of skiing and snowboarding offered by the SS Freestyle Club.
Type of work: Winter conditions, seasonal part-time contract.
Schedule: Depending on program coach will need to coach 2 days per week starting December 1, 2023. Travel to regional or national Jr. IFSA competitions may be required.
In Summary: SS Freestyle has some flexibility and the club is willing to cater some of the club needs to the strengths of the coach candidate. The Silver Star Freestyle Club has the right to lengthen or shorten the job posting term if it desires. Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] if you wish to apply for this lead coach position. Scroll down for a more comprehensive list of what is required from the successful candidate of this position.
This position reports to Wade Garrod, the Silver Star Freestyle Club Program Director.
SS Freestyle Club Objectives
- To deliver high quality training programs and services to the Silver Star Freestyle Ski Club athletes
- To grow the sport of freestyle skiing through increased enrollment in club programs
- To develop skiers for life in a safe and fun environment
- To prepare competitive ski athletes for BC and Freestyle Canada and Jr. Freeski competitions
- To develop and mentor future coaches
- To build and maintain world leading freestyle training and competition environments
- Experience in Freestyle skiing
- Considerable coaching experience in Freeskiing or other genres of skiing and/or other sports
- Current criminal record check
- Must have Freestyle Canada Fundamentalz or FUNZ update be willing to take the course prior to the beginning of the season
- Must have “Making Headway” be willing to take the course prior to the beginning of the season
- Must have NCCP “Making Ethical Decisions” module, be willing to take the course prior to th
- e beginning of the season
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to ensure effective on and off snow operations
- Ability to practice prompt communications via phone, txt, email or in person as require
- Acts as desirable role model for children and teenagers
Desirable Qualifications Skills and Attributes
- First Aid – Basic
- CSIA, Ski Instructor experience
- L200 & a solid technical understanding of technical skiing in multiple genres (ie. Freeski, Freestyle, Alpine, CSIA)
- “Keeping Girls in Sport” online
- Can Freestyle Coach Modules – TSM 1 & 2, Air 1-4, P&P, Plan a Practice, Plan a Season
- Head Start Pro or Safestart
- IFSA Level 100 Coaches Certification
- Drivers license
- Competition Development Moguls and/or Slopestyle OR plan to pursue
- Can Freestyle Doubles Tramp / On Snow
- Experience in managing conflict and finding resolutions
- Demonstrates the ability to be productive and have good work ethic
- Strives to lead a healthy and active life style
- Ability to implement sport psychology and S&C development programming
- Has a high level understanding of the CS4L model (Long Term Athlete Development)
- Ability to complete athlete evaluations and provide productive feedback
- Ability to set goals, report on progress, and show success reaching benchmarks
Pay will be based on certification and experience.
Apply By Email: [email protected]
About SS Freestyle
Silver Star Freestyle Ski Club is one of the largest Freestyle Ski and Snowboard Clubs in Canada. We expect to have 280+ athletes participate in our programs for the 2022/23 season. If you have tons of energy, enjoy working with youth, are a competent well-rounded skier or snowboarder and have good communication skills we would like to meet you. A criminal background check is mandatory.
At Silver Star Freestyle Club, we strongly believe in investing in our coaches with regards to their professional development as coaches and personal development as skiers. As such, SS Freestyle supports its coaches who show an interest in training and certification opportunities. We also provide on the job training to ensure all coaches are successful leaders and mentors.
About SS Freestyle Facilities
SS Freestyle runs year-around programs at Silver Star Mountain, Treeline Park, Airhouse, Apex Water Ramps and Air Bag. The club has a Mega LP Katal Air Bag with a dry-slope in-run, 7 trampolines and a dry-slope rail training center. These world leading facilities are perfect for running year around programming for athletes ages 7-18.
We are currently taking applications for coaching positions, with vacancies in the following programs: